White Pencil - Workshop Recording
The ability to work with light is just as important as the ability to work with shadow. Light is an equally effective tool, especially if tinted paper is used. At the workshop, together, we will:
• Learn the basic principles of working with “positive space” and do simple exercises to learn how to think with light
• Look at simple techniques to create convincing three-tone sketches
• Make two sketches, step by step: Bordeaux, France, and a village street in Mexico.
The recording was made on April 2, 2022. Some parts were cut down from the original recording:
Pauses while participants worked on their sketches
Discussion of the works of the participants of the workshop
The total duration of the workshop was 3 hours.
The duration of the video recording is 1 hour 34 minutes.
• HB, 2B, and 6B pencils
• White pencil (I recommend using Conte pencils or any equivalent)
• Tinted drawing paper (gray or warm gray)
1 hour 34 minutes